Friday, August 15, 2008

First Meeting

Thank you to those of you who attended the first meeting since our initial kick-off/introduction meeting in July. I enjoyed hearing different perspectives today and hope you will also use this blog to share anything valuable you learned from our book, to ask questions of other moms, or to share fun stories.

Many of us mentioned today that we sent little ones off to school. Well today, only the third day of school, I was late picking up my preschooler! It was only 5 minutes, but she was the last one waiting with the teacher, who was very gracious, by the way. Maddie asked why I was late and I apologized and explained I was held up at Moms Group. I asked if she was worried, but she said she wasn't because she knew I'd come. I was worried that, on top of the embarrassment with her teacher, I had traumatized my daughter for life. However, I think she enjoyed a little 1:1 time with her teacher. It worked out (it always seems to), but wow, is that embarrassing! Has this ever happened to you? Please share your stories, so I don't feel so bad...

Katie

(Continue to check out our blog on Fridays for updated information.)

2 comments:

Cherie' said...

Maddie is such a sweetie... of couse she knew you'd come...but you shouldn't at all feel bad...I'm sure this has (or in my case WILL) happen to every mom. I'm so excited about this group. Of course I wish I could meet with you all on Fridays, but I really appreciate that you are doing this blog and things to help include those of us who cannot make it on Friday's. I read the first two chapter's last week when I was at home with my sick baby. (she's better now) I also thought it was a little cheesy at fist to write out the job discription, but I did it, and I think it's actually really cool...there is so much that goes into being a mother than you'd think. It's a full time job in itself. I thought the part about what you should do for your husband before he comes home was really quite funny...my how times have changed. :-) Hope everyone has a nice weekend, and again...thank you so much for having this group!

Cindy H. said...

I have to admit being late to pick up Madison is one of my worst fears or at least her being the last one there. So I understand how you feel. I know it happened to us once last year and to one of my friends. I running a little late and had already picked up Madison and was pulling out of the parking lot when I saw my friend driving in to pick up her son. She was looking very frazzled about being so late. So it happens to the best of us.

Kids are resilient and you are a great mom Katie. Maddie was safe and you were only five minutes late. I'm surprised everyone was gone by then. Wait until later in the year, you'll see it happening to others too.