Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last Friday!

Hello ladies! I hope you all have had a refreshing holiday weekend! :) I am so sorry this post is a few days late! I really had a great time with you all on Friday! I thought our discussion was really good and I appreciated all of you that opended up and shared your thoughts! I have been really trying to apply all of the principals we learned about being encouraging and smile, smile, smile! I hope and pray that you all are having success applying these in your lives as well! I look forward to seeing you all next Friday at the zoo. We will get an e-mail out to you next week reminding you of the time and who has zoo passes so we can coordinate and hopefully no one needs to pay! Well, have a great week and enjoy this cooler weather. I am so glad it is fall! :)

In Christ!

Alisha

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hello fellow positive moms! I will be unable to attend the zoo outing this week as I will be out of town for my sister's wedding! But, I wanted connect with you all on here and share with you what I've learned and what I've learned through the reading so far.

I have read chapter six and all I can say is WOW! God is really laying on my heart the extreme importance of prayer! As I'm sure most of you can understand, its hard for me to make time for prayer. Between diaper changes, nursing sessions, meal preparations, playing peek-a-boo, and running errands, I barely have ten minutes for a shower! But, I have to make the time somehow...every day! The enemy will just continue to fill up my schedule, I have to make the decision to put aside my to-do list and sit down with God. It really hit home when the book pointed out the verse, "Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8. Well, he's not getting my baby! I now feel a new sense of urgancy to pray.
I also loved the idea of having a family prayer bible or using sticky notes to write down scripture promises to pray for family members.

I hope you all have a fabulous time at the zoo! See you at the next meeting!